I. General Terms
Agreement to Terms
B. Proper Use of Our Site
Content Posted or Submitted by You
C. Content and Intellectual Property
Any material you submit to the Website will be deemed a grant of a royalty free, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, display, transmit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute these materials throughout the universe in any medium and through any methods of distribution, transmission and display whether now known or hereafter devised. In addition, you warrant that all so-called “moral rights” have been waived.
D. Third-Party Copyrights and Websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to third-party websites. CEP does not control or endorse these third-party websites, their content, any goods or services sold on those websites, or any views expressed within them. Some of these websites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. You acknowledge and agree that CEP is not responsible or liable for any content or other materials on these third-party websites.
E. Content Posted or Submitted by You
2. Use of Services
Once your Account is created, you will be permitted to use the Services, which include submitting proposed suggested projects (“Projects”) for potential inclusion in the Projects section of the Website, and for commenting on the Project or projects of other users in the Project section of the Website.
a. Content Submitted or Posted by You
(2) You agree that CEP reserves the right, but not the obligation, in its sole and absolute discretion, to use, publish, edit, delete, select, review, alter, monitor, revise, and/or disable, the Materials, including, without limitation, your Project, as CEP, in its sole and absolute discretion, may see fit, without notice or liability.
(3) You agree that your Materials or third-party Materials are the views of the author or poster. They do not reflect the views of CEP. CEP does not represent, warrant, guaranty or endorse the accuracy, reliability or completeness of such Materials, and CEP has no responsibility for the content of the Materials. You agree that the Materials shall be your sole responsibility; shall not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or any laws, contribute to or encourage infringing or violating the rights of any other party or laws, or otherwise contribute to or encourage improper or unlawful conduct; and shall not be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, inappropriate, violent, harassing, objectionable, or in poor taste. You also agree that you have obtained all necessary rights, title and/or licenses regarding the Materials. You acknowledge and agree that CEP also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove, permanently delete, disable, and/or restrict or deny access to any Materials without your or any other user’s consent for any reason or no reason at all, including, without limitation, if such Materials violate any law, infringe or interfere with the rights of third parties, advocate illegal or violent acts, are obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, inappropriate, harassing, or explicit, or if the Materials degrade others on the basis of age, race, gender, class ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference or disability, or are otherwise objectionable. You acknowledge and agree that submission or posting of Materials that are obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, or that infringe any intellectual property right, trademark, copyright, privacy right, or other legal right of a third party is expressly prohibited. You are hereby on notice that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. These parental control protections can be found by, among other things, performing a search for parental control protections on your web search browser or other search engines, or other available search methods and mechanisms.
(7) You represent and warrant that (a) you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to the CEP Parties the license(s) provided for herein, (b) you solely own or control to the exclusion of all other persons or entities the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials for the purposes contemplated in this license(s), and (c) neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein infringe upon, violate the intellectual property rights of, violate any right of privacy or publicity of, constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
b. Release, Indemnification, and Limitation of Liability
(1) You agree that you use the Services and provide the Materials at your own risk (whether personal risk, safety risk, legal risk, or otherwise) without responsibility, liability or duty of any kind by or attributable to CEP or any third party.
Governing Law and Severability
F. Governing Law, Venue and Severability
1. Choice of Law and Exclusive Venue
2. Severability, Waiver, Binding on Successor, Survivability
G. Warranties and Limitations of Liability and Damages
1. Exclusion of Warranties
The Website and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE CEP PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The CEP Parties cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that: (a) the Website will be reliable, accurate, complete, or updated on a timely basis; (b) the Website will be free of human and machine errors, omissions, delays, interruptions or losses, including, without limitation, loss of data; (c) any files available for downloading from the Website will be free of infection by viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties; or (d) the functions or services performed on the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Website will be corrected. Nothing on the Website constitutes or is meant to constitute advice of any kind.
2. Limitation of Liability
Limitation of Liability
H. Indemnification, Defense and Hold Harmless
I. Termination of Use
J. Entire Agreement
WEB SITE OPERATORS
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
B. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We may also use web beacons to count page visits by our users, to access our cookies, and otherwise to improve your experience on the Website. Data generated by web beacons is non-personal information, but we may associate such data with the personal information we collect online. If you have registered to receive emails from us, we may also use web beacons in our emails to let us know which emails you have opened and acted upon, allowing us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please follow the instructions in the email. With both cookies and web beacons, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
C. Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information (such as first and last name, gender, home or other physical address, e-mail address, phone number, company affiliation, etc.) when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you sign a petition, open an account or make a donation. We also collect personal information about others if you provide it to us through our Website; for example, by participating in our counter-extremism programs.
D. Use of Personal Information
CEP or Service Providers acting on its behalf may use information collected from Website visitors to generally fulfill the counter-extremism mission of our organization and manage your online interaction with CEP. For example, we will use information collected from the Website: (1) to send communications to our visitors; (2) to allow us to notify visitors of upcoming events or activities on the Website; (3) to conduct internal reviews of the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to the Website); (4) to help us better understand visitors’ use of the Website; (7) to respond to specific requests from our visitors; (8) to provide any necessary notices to our visitors; (9) administer the Website; (10) to protect the security or integrity of our Website; and (11) to make the disclosures described below. To opt out of emails, please follow the instructions in the email message.
E. Disclosure of Information
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
CEP may transfer or otherwise disclose the information it collects from Website visitors to employees and Service Providers of the CEP Parties if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for the CEP Parties, will further our counter-extremism mission, or if required to do so by law. We may also transfer or otherwise disclose personal information in response to judicial process, to comply with legal requirements, and, as permitted under applicable law, to provide information to government agencies or in connection with an investigation on a matter related to public safety. We may also use your information as permitted by law to protect our rights or property, the Website, or its users. And, we may disclose your personal information to the purchaser, transferee or assignee (or prospective purchaser, transferee or assignee) of any business or asset which CEP is (or is contemplating) selling or transferring.
F. Security of Information
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
G. Third-Party Websites
CEP is not liable or responsible for the policies, content, and practices of third-party websites to which the Website may link. Please refer to those websites’ own privacy policies to learn how they collect and use personal information.
Last Updated: April 11, 2016
Counter Extremism Project Consumer Relations Department P.O. Box 3980 New York, New York 10185 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
™ & © 2016 Counter Extremism Project and One95. All rights reserved.